Malama Family Recovery Center is accredited by CARF, the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Founded in 1966, CARF is a private, not-for-profit international organization that promotes quality rehabilitation services by establishing standards for organizations to use as guidelines in developing and offering programs and services to consumers. CARF uses the standards to evaluate how well organizations are serving its consumers and how they can improve. Read more
CARF standards are developed with input from consumers, rehabilitation professionals, funders and state and national organizations. These standards are reviewed on a yearly basis and new ones are developed to keep pace with changing conditions and consumer needs.
What Does it Mean to be Accredited?
Once an organization has applied for accreditation, CARF sends professionals in the field to conduct an on-site survey to determine the degree to which the organization meets standards. CARF surveyors also consult with staff members and offer suggestions for improving the quality of services. CARF-accredited programs and services have demonstrated that they substantially meet internationally-recognized standards. CARF accreditation means that the consumer can be confident that an organization has made a commitment to continually enhancing its quality of services and programs and its focus is on consumer satisfaction.
The Benefits of Accreditation to the Consumer
Choosing CARF-accredited programs and services gives you the assurance that:
1. The programs or services actively involve consumers in selecting, planning and using services.
2. The organization’s programs and services have met consumer-focused, state-of-the-art international standards of performance.
3. These standards were developed with the involvement and input of consumers.
4. The organization is focused on assisting each consumer in achieving his or her chosen goals and outcomes.
Malama Family Recovery Center is accredited to perform the following (all for adults):
- Community Housing
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Therapeutic Communities: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions